Baby Showers are different then I imagined

Hey everyone! This week was quick but had a bunch of really fun events. I’m really enjoying this transfer and all the fun I’m having with my fellow missionaries.

On Thursday Elder Tuvell and I teamed up with Brother Andrew Bassford and Brother Joe Kubetz to go to Portland High School and help build parts of the set for the school play. They’re doing Frankenstein’s Bride and they had a spinning book case that Elder Tuvell and I were working on. Then needed a stove on one side which we made the body of and then we also made shelves. It was a ton of fun working with my hands again.

At some point in the week I started practicing piano again. With any luck maybe I’ll be able to play again by the time I’m back home. 

On Friday and most of Saturday we had exchanges with the Portland English Elders so Elder Taylor and I got to be companions again.

On Saturday Chancel invited us to his wife Mary’s baby shower…turns out that’s for relief society haha. We ended up shoveling snow around the church building. Then at 1 we cleaned the Church building for Stake Conference.

Yesterday after the stake conference our ward had a linger longer which was a ton of fun.

That’s it for this week hope you all are having an amazing week! I’ll catch you all next time!

Oh, I forgot to mention two things! Our toaster was smoking so to prevent the fire alarm from going off I opened the three layers of window and put a fan on it to blow the air out! 🤣 The other thing was that I woke up one morning and thought to myself why does the carpet feel wet under my feet, turned light's on and boom! Because of the winter storm we had water pouring in from the upstairs apartment. After coordinating with the Landlord (Chuck) and his wife (Rachel) we found out that the roof of our duplex was leaking and water was pouring through all three layers of our building. Upstairs apartment, downstairs, apartment, and basement.











No comments:

Post a Comment

🎵I'm back, back, back from the dead tonight!!!🎵

Ok, these past few P-days have been crazy packed so here's a blitzed email to prove I'm still alive! The work is beginning to finall...