Il y a beaucoup de neige

 Translation: There is a lot of snow.


Portlands been equal parts buried in snow and washed with rain. Although the frequency of snow is increasing so it might just be snow pretty soon. Because the city needs the roads cleared they issue out parking bans during bad storms a couple nights this last week Elder Tuvell and I had to park in specific parking lots you're still allowed to park in and walk 20 or so minutes back to the apartment. On paper that sounds bad but the walk isn't bad at all so as long as we can find a parking spot I'm ok with it. 

Our friend Paul is starting to get really desperate to learn English as quickly as possible. He can already speak well enough that we don't speak any French with him but he understandably wants to be fluent. He signed up for a class here in Portland that helps him learn more. The school gave him a national geographic book that's really good. It pushes his English and tests his limits.

I think I mentioned him in my last weekly but a man named David showed up to church last week after only being in America for a day. This week he brought his two kids and it was cool. Apparently he was baptized in South Africa and wants his family to join the church as well which is awesome. We're trying to find his membership records but so far no luck.

Yesterday we were invited to the Johansen's household for dinner. They're an awesome young family with a cute little girl. It was awesome to get to know them better since they're one of the first families I met when I came into Portland.

I can't remember when but at some point during the week we helped with Bishop's storehouse which was a ton of fun. I really like doing service and the Bishop's storehouse is an awesome service opportunity.

Oh, I also finished that puzzle finally! It only took me a transfer and a half.๐Ÿ˜†

That's all for this week. I'll be back again next week. Have a great week everyone and thank you so much for all your love and support.











No comments:

Post a Comment

๐ŸŽตI'm back, back, back from the dead tonight!!!๐ŸŽต

Ok, these past few P-days have been crazy packed so here's a blitzed email to prove I'm still alive! The work is beginning to finall...